LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, January 7, 2013

Holy crap, how did FOUR days fly by...

...without me posting here?!  Shame on me!!

Ok, I sorta know how that happened.  The first post I missed was from the 4th.  That morning, literally 3 1/2 minutes into my workout, my brother called to see if I could take Monkey for the day.  Well, as my father likes to say, does a bear shit in the woods!?

My brother gave me a rough idea of when Monkey's mom was planning to leave, so I knew I would be able to do at least 30 minutes on the elliptical.  I REALLY pushed myself, since I knew I wouldn't be getting a full workout in for the day.  I told him to tell Monkey's mom to text when she was leaving to I could time my drive to make the pick up.  As it turns out, I was able to do 45 minutes.  They were 45 really HARD minutes, which was great!

By the time I left, this was what I was able to do:
435 calories
3.08 miles
45 minutes

I decided on the drive home from picking up Monkey that I would leave her with Stud, and go back to the gym to do just a little more.  (See, I told you was becoming addicted!!)  I settled her in with Stud, and scooted back to the gym. 

Since I "only" had to make up 15 minutes, I pushed myself even harder.  I was on fire!  In 15 minutes, I managed to do:
200 calories
1.55 miles

Making my total for the day:
635 calories
4.63 miles
65 minutes

Woo hoo!!

I then went on to the machines, since I knew Monkey was in good hands.

Ab Crunches 2x30 @ 30 lbs
Straight Arm 2x30 @ 30 lbs
Inner Thigh 2x30 @ 30 lbs
Outer Thigh 2x30 @ 30 lbs
Donkey Kicks 30 @ 25 each leg
Obliques 2x30 @ 30 lbs on each side

Ok, moving on to the 5th.  I was feeling great, and again decided to try and push hard and break my "record."

630 calories
4.38 miles
65 minutes
(I was thrilled with these numbers, since it was one long workout today, as opposed to the day before, where I had an almost hour-long break in the middle.)
Ab Crunches 2x30 @ 30 lbs
Straight Arm 2x30 @ 30 lbs
Inner Thigh 2x30 @ 30 lbs
Outer Thigh 2x30 @ 40 lbs (Upped the weight a bit here, 30 lbs wasn't doing it)
Donkey Kicks 30 @ 25 each leg
Obliques 2x30 @ 30 lbs on each side

1/6/13
630 calories
4.31 miles
65 minutes

Ab Crunches 2x30 @ 30 lbs
Straight Arm 2x30 @ 30 lbs
Inner Thigh 2x30 @ 40 lbs (upped this one today, too)
Outer Thigh 2x30 @ 40 lbs
Donkey Kicks 30 @ 25 each leg
Obliques 2x30 @ 40 lbs on each side (upped this one)

1/7/13
633 calories (hey, I'll take a 3 calorie improvement!)
4.49 miles
65 minutes
Ab Crunches 2x30 @ 30 lbs
Straight Arm 2x30 @ 30 lbs
Inner Thigh 2x30 @ 40 lbs
Outer Thigh 2x30 @ 40 lbs
Donkey Kicks 30 @ 25 each leg
Obliques 2x30 @ 40 lbs on each side

Whew!  That was a lot of catching up!  Let's see those totals:

2013 Totals
4383 calories
21.85 miles

I know I've been complaining about not seeing any pounds disappearing.  I've only lost 2 lbs since starting at the gym, but I'm trying not to worry about it.  I can definitely see changes in my body.  Plus, I'm down clothing sizes.  My "smallest" jeans are now at the point where I can get them on and off without unbuttoning or unzipping them.  That's great, except I have NOTHING that fits me now!!

Ooo, this is exciting!!!  I bought a couple of things yesterday at Walmart, including a kinda cute sweater that was on sale for $10.  It was (almost) a "normal" size!!!  (I say "normal" because I got it from the "normal" women's section, versus the plus size section)  I bought an extra large, but figured it would be too small, since the last top I bought was a 3X.  Well, lo and behold, it fit!!!  I made sure I got the opinions of my mother, sister and Magnum before taking the tags off, though. 

In the interest of full-disclosure, the last pants I bought were both stretchy, elastic-waisted AND a size 3X/24.  (And, they were tight)  The pants that I can now take off without unbuttoning are jeans, and are a size 18.  I'm going to try on some 16s this week.  Woo hoo!

The last bra size I bought was 42DD.  I'm now back in my Victoria's Secret 38D.  The last time I was "thin," I went from a 42DD to a 36B.  (that was with an 85lb weight loss.  I should post a picture one day.)  That would be great, if I were back in my 20s, and had a little less sag.  Now, the girls look like two completely deflated water balloons.  Boo.

Holy cow, what a post!!!  This is why I have to post every day, so you don't have to read a novel.  I'll try and do better this week. =)

7 comments:

  1. You are doing such a great job! I am very proud of you!
    I feel so good when I can put on (some) size 16 pants but then I think about how once I used to think I would never allow myself to get bigger that a 12. Then I tell myself to hush and enjoy my 16's.
    ps: Mel and I drop the first number of plus sizes when we speak around our husbands so you could say you are in an 8 and I am a 6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're kicking some ass! Go girl!
    I have never used an eliptical and only did any aerobic machines...but I have been using the stair climber on lifting days...but I run hot and the temp is pretty warm a few feet taller!

    Yahoo on the smaller sizes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    You are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY you are such an inspiration! I joined a gym and hired a trainer back in november for the first time in my life. I just can't lose the weight. I'm good about the trainer, but the food and such...nope. So yesterday I put myself on a serious workout/eating diet (NO MORE ALCOHOL!!). Well, I thought serious until I read YOUR POST! Wow I have to up it a few notches! No wonder you have lost so much weight! And yes muscle weights more than fat so if you're losing inches you are undoubtedly shaping up what you got girl. You GO And keep us informed! Must get to the gym today now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back! I was worried about you. Going down in clothes size is kind of bittersweet. I know that to be true. But it's sweet. On the up side, we are about the same size! I'm in a 16 now (and looking to say good-bye to it soon) and 38D from a 38DD. The girls will probably get back down to a 36C for me, and I'm cool with that. Maybe we will get ours lifted together! Good bonding time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog's made me want to exercise more, so I'm doing 18 miles every other day on my bike. If we lived closer to each other I'd take you out for a whole grain veggie burger and a wheat grass shake, just to thank you .... of course I'd probably order a pizza for myself..

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is amazing! I am so proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete