LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Oo, ouch...

Ok, I know I didn't check in yesterday.  BUT, don't think that's cuz I skipped yet another workout!

I have been going to the gym later than usual the past couple of weeks, which is something I need to fix.  I NEED to get back to getting there between 5:30-6 am.  Part of the reason I've been waiting is because I've been trying to spend a little more time with Magnum.  You may remember that he hurt his back about a month ago, and he hasn't been back to the gym since.  He's also been picking up more and more shifts at the delivery job he took, which means he's been gone at least 4 nights a week now.  Between that, and the fact that he's at his parents' house 7 days a week, taking care of his father, we don't get to spend a lot of time together right now.  So, I've been putting of my gym visits until he leaves for his parents' house.

Anyway, back to yesterday.  I ended up really pushing my gym time back.  I finally was able to get there around 4:15.  I was hoping I'd still be able to beat the after-work rush.  However, when I pulled into the parking lot, I could see the place was PACKED!  Without exaggeration, there had to be at least 10 times the number of people there than I'm used to seeing.  I just couldn't go in there.  I decided I would turn around and go home, and pull out one of my trusty Tae Bo tapes.

I had mentioned on my other blog that I had been doing Tae Bo before I joined the gym.  I was doing the half hour tape (along with a half hour walking tape), and it was kicking my ass.  Truthfully, there were parts that I sort of skipped.  Well, not skipped, but didn't do at the intensity level it should have been.  For example, there's a part where you're supposed to be "On your toes!  On your toes!" which basically means you are jumping around, on your toes, while punching.  Um, yeah, that wasn't gonna happen.  I just couldn't do it.  So, I stood in one place and just did the punches. 

Anyway, you get the idea.  So yesterday, I figured I would go crazy and try the hour-long advanced tape.  Now, back in the day when I did Tae Bo religiously, I did this tape everyday.  But, I wasn't sure how it was going to go now.

I popped it in, and went to work.  After about 10 minutes, I was shocked that I was actually keeping up.  Yeah, I had sweat pouring down my face, but I was doing it!  At the half-way mark, I was feeling great!  But, that's when Billy kicks it up a notch.  I think I did pretty well, but admittedly, I probably only did about 80% of the moves as they were done on the tape.  Same situation as above.  If I couldn't do the exact move, I'd do something else, but I kept moving. 

I had forgotten that the last 10 minutes of the tape was done on the floor.  It targets the abs and glutes.  And holy cow, I did NOT remember it being so freakin' HARD!  But, I made myself push through.  I literally had sweat dripping of me and puddling on the floor.  I know, so gross, but true!

When that tape ended, I was feeling like a million bucks.  I mean, ya, I wasn't able to do 100% of it, but I'm determined to get there now.  I decided I would do the half-hour tape, too.  Now, the last time I did it, like I said, it kicked my ass.  Now?  It was a piece of cake!!  Well, ok, not a piece of cake.  Tae Bo is no walk in the park.  But, I was actually able to do it.  ALL of it!  Even the jumping around parts.

What I DID notice is that now that I actually have some kind of core strength and muscle tone, I felt the moves even MORE.  I made sure to focus on the moves, and keeping my stomach tight, just like Billy says the whole time.  Before, I was just trying to get through the tape without passing out.  Now, I can squeeze the right muscles, and keep focused on my form.  And,  man, I'm tellin' ya, I felt every bit of it.

Now, all that being said, I gotta tell ya, I'm sore as hell today!!  Mostly my glutes are screaming, but my legs are a bit sore, too.  I was moving pretty slow this morning.  I made the decision to not push it too hard today at the gym.  I certainly don't want to hurt myself.  So, despite my screaming muscles, this is what I did today.

Ellitical
637 calories
5.56 miles
65 minutes

Ab Crunches 2x30@50
Straight Arm Ab 2x30@70 (I upped this one today)
Inner Thigh 2x30@80
Outer Thigh 2x30@80
Shoulder Press 6x15@10 (I added 2 sets to this today, cuz my arms suck.  I REALLY need to work on them!)
Obliques 2x30@60 (I upped this one today, too)

Obviously, I have no idea how many calories I burned with Billy yesterday, and there were no miles to log, so I can't add them to my totals.  But, here's where I am so far.

2013 Totals
19,299 calories (it's probably actually over 20,000 thanks to Billy!)
143.25 miles

I think I'm going to do those Tae Bo tapes every other day, or at least 3 days a week.  Based on the way I'm feeling today, I'm gonna have Buns of Steel by bikini season =)

No comments:

Post a Comment