LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

12/4/13

Woo hoo!!!  Four days in a row so far.... =)

I decided to do the treadmill again today, since I think it was a pretty good workout yesterday.

Yesterday when I was setting the machine, I needed to put in my target heart rate.  Well, I had NO idea what to program in, since I have NO idea what it is.  Back when I first joined the gym a year ago, I had a meeting with the personal trainer, and we used some formula to figure it out.  I thought mine was around 145, so be in the "fat burning zone," so that's what I put in yesterday.  But, I vaguely remember having to use your age and weight to get the number, and since I'm about 40 lbs lighter than I was when I first joined, I thought that just might be right.

So, when I got to the gym today, I asked the girls at the counter if they new the formula, or if they could find the worksheet we used.  The gym manager found a sheet, looked at it, and told me, "Oh, it's 220 minus your age."  Hmmm...ok.  I guess.  That would make my target heart rate 175.  Ok, great.

I got on the treadmill, set it for "fat burn," and punched in 175 when it asked for target heart rate.  Well, HOLY HELL, I think that broad was trying to kill me!!  Yesterday, when I had put in 145, it was already quite a workout.  This?  This was HARD!

The machine kept upping the incline, in order to get my heart pounding, and so I'd hit that number.  Yesterday, I said I wasn't sure if 11.4 was a high incline.  Well, hell's bells, the machine went to 15 today!

I tried to keep up, I promise I did.  But, it was just a little too much.  I ended up only doing 35 minutes, instead of 65.  BUT, I didn't stop there.  I simply reset the machine for a target rate of 150, and did another 35 minutes.  With that, here are today's numbers:

Treadmill (set for a target rate of 175)
388 calories
1.56 miles
35 minutes

Treadmill (set for a target rate of 150)
346 calories
1.73 miles
35 minutes

And, just because it makes me feel better to see the totals...
734 calories
3.29 miles
70 minutes

Isn't it interesting how I went less distance, but burned more calories, at the higher setting?  I guess it makes sense, though, since my heart was working harder.

I added back one more machine today, too.

Ab crunches 2x30@65
Ab coaster 2x(30/30/30)

Because I did an "extra" five minutes on the treadmill, and I added back a machine, I figured I finally earned a massage.  Man, oh man, did I enjoy the hell out of it, too. =)


~~~UPDATE~~
Ok, I went online and searched for the formula to figure out this heart rate thing.  And, yes, according to this, that girl really WAS trying to kill me!  According to what I read here, my target fat burning heart rate should be between 108.6-126.7!!!  175 my ASS!!


1 comment:

  1. Good for you for getting back to it. I have not gone to the gym for a month, I feel guilty, but I am going to let myself off the hook about it for now. I have made a contract with myself that as of January 1st I am back to it, until then I will just give myself a break and enjoy the Holidays!! Thanks for giving me motivation, and also for reminding me that it wont kill me....at least that's my hope :)

    ReplyDelete