LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, December 28, 2012

12/28/12

Hi, gang.  Sorry, I know I missed a few days of posts, but rest assured, I have NOT missed any days at the gym.

On Christmas Eve, I actually went to the gym twice.  I knew they were going to be closed on Christmas Day, so I wanted to get a little extra work done.  The first time I went, I had a 6am appointment with the personal trainer.  Unfortunately, I didn't record what I did because we were all over the gym.  She was showing me how to use the different machines and weights, as well as some cardio machine that I hadn't tried yet.  It's sort of a combination of a stepper and an elliptical.  It looked really hard, which is why I hadn't tried it on my own.  I was right, it's hard.  I haven't used it again since.  I have to work my way up to it, I think.  For now, I've been sticking to the elliptical.  I think I may be addicted to it.

Anyway, I was there with the trainer for an hour.  I wanted to stay for another hour to get my "real" workout in, but I also needed to get to Sam's Club right when they opened, so I left and went back around 10am.  I recorded that workout.  

12/24/12
607 calories
3.57 miles
65 minutes

I also did my Tae Bo tape on Christmas Eve, just to make up for no gym on Christmas.  I have no idea how many calories that burned, but I hope it was a lot. =)

12/26/12
615 calories
3.53 miles
65 minutes

12/27/12
608 calories
3.49 miles
65 minutes
This day I added a couple of weight machines.  I don't know the "real" names of these machines, so I just made up my own.
Donkey Kicks 2 sets of 20 on each leg
Obliques machine 2 sets of 40 on each side
I had both of these machines set at the lowest weight (I think it's 10 lbs?) since it was the first time I was using them.

12/28/12
617 calories
3.78 miles
65 minutes
Donkey Kicks 2 sets of 20 on each leg, with an additional 10 lbs added
Obliques 2 sets of 20 on each side at 10 lbs, 2 sets of 20 on each side with 10 lbs added.

Totals
6052+ calories
40.08+ miles

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to do these totals.  It seems weird to do a "grand total" for every day since I've started.  I'm thinking I should do it week by week, or maybe even monthly totals.  In the meantime, I like seeing these big numbers. =)

I'm going to try and ignore the fact that the scale hasn't moved, despite my dedication to the gym.  I'm going to focus on the fact that I feel like a million bucks.  I never understood people who said they were "addicted" to exercise and going to the gym.  However, I gotta confess, I totally get it now.  I LOVE going to the gym.  God willing, that feeling will last.  I can't wait to get there in the morning.  When I leave an hour and a half later, I just want to go back in and do it all over again.  Since the trainer showed me how to use the machines, I've been adding some time to my workout, and plan to add more each day.  Magnum doesn't go every day, but on the days that he joins me, he works out about 30 minutes longer than I usually do.  Up until now, I would just sit and wait, but now I plan to use that extra half hour or so to use more machines.  I'm not quite ready to join him in the weight room, but soon I hope.  He keeps telling everyone who gets within earshot that I'm going to be bikini ready by summer.  Goof ball. 

4 comments:

  1. Never been in a Sam's Club, but I do most of my shopping at Walmart. Nobody wants to be on my Christmas list

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess that I am addicted to the gym as well. I used to smirk at Bing when she talked so lovingly about her gym time and when I'd drive home from work and see people running outside, I would roll my eyes.

    Bing talked me into joining the gym with her back in the Spring. The first week, I DETESTED it. The second week, I finally stopped crying in the car on the way home because I ached all over. By a month's time, I could see my stamina improving. I don't weigh myself. I just like the way I feel. And now, going to the gym 5 days a week is one of my favorite things to do and something that I only hope I can keep up with Bing gone. It's sort of become our "thing" that we do together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't already, you should take body measurements. You might be losing inches and not pounds as your body converts some fat to muscle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first couple weeks of working out, your muscles release lactic acid which makes you retain water. You will see the loss soon after. I also agree with taking your measurements. Look up online how to do it or have someone at the gym do it for you. But only do it once a month or so or you'll get frustrated. Also, what are you doing on diet?

    ReplyDelete