LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

1/2/13

How did I miss a post yesterday?  Well, we did have a busy day, plus I didn't get much sleep and apparently I crashed before I could get here.

Ok, well here's the info.

1/1/13
I felt like I was moving in slow motion again today.  I only got 3 hours of sleep, then spent 1 1/2 hours at the gym!!  But, the numbers aren't really that bad, thankfully.
Elliptical
615 calories
3.79 miles
65 minutes
Donkey Kicks 2 sets of 20 @ 20 lbs for each leg
Obliques 2 sets of 20 @ 20 lbs on each side

Tried a couple new machines today.
Outer Thigh 2 sets of 20@20 lbs
Inner Thigh 2 sets of 20@20 lbs

My left thigh is really starting to bother me.  I actually filled my giant whirlpool tub in the afternoon and soaked for about an hour and a half.  I felt like a million bucks when I got out!

1/2/13
Today was an AWESOME day!!  I hit a new high in my numbers.  I'm sure the fact that I was pissed as hell at Magnum today had a lot to do with that.  Hey, whatever it takes, right?  Maybe we should fight every morning before I go to the gym.  (Ok, obviously  I'm kidding!!)

Elliptical
620 calories (highest calories ever)
4 MILES  (woo hoo!!!  That's my new record!)
65 minutes
I skipped Donkey Kicks today because my left thigh is still hurting.  However, I tried some new machines again today, since I really needed to work off some stress energy.  I went to the "ab" section today and tried a couple of machines that I thought I could handle.  I have no clue what they're really called, so again, I'll just be making up my own names! =)

Ab Cruncher 1 set of 25@20 lbs
Straight Arm Cruncher 1 set of 25@20 lbs
Outer Thigh 2 sets of 25@30 lbs
Inner Thigh 2 sets of 25@30 lbs
Obliques 2 sets of 25@25 lbs on each side

I really wish I wasn't so scared to try new machines on my own, because I REALLY wanted to stay longer at the gym today.  I felt like I could have done another hour and a half.  But, I'm too embarrassed to try using unfamiliar machines because I know I'll look like an ass.  Magnum said that he would go with me on one of his off days to talk me through what I should be doing.  In the meantime, I'll just kill it on the machines I know. =)

2013 Totals:
 1235 calories
 7.79 miles

All-time Totals:
9118+ calories
58.79+ miles
(I'm starting to rethink tracking these totals now that I'm doing more machines.  I'm definitely NOT going to total my reps.  Well, for now, I like to see the totals, especially the mileage, so I'll keep doing it for a while longer.)

Ok, I'm looking at these totals and now I'm suddenly annoyed.  Based on the number of calories burned, that should equal about a 2 1/2 pound weight loss.  But, I'm only down ONE freakin' pound since joining the gym!  WTF?  Granted, I feel like a million bucks, which truthfully, is more important to me, but still.  Give a girl a break! 

1 comment:

  1. The weight will start to come off. Don't worry. If not, cut out all carbs and sugar and it'll fall right off. Of course, you'll fall over dead while you work out, but you'll lose.

    ReplyDelete